Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Admin Day

Every other Wednesday while in language training, we get an "admin day." On those days, we only work a half day and then can take care of administrative tasks we need to. Things like getting visas and updating med clearances.

I have no such tasks at hand today, so I am using my admin day to study (since the government is paying me for this time and my primary job is to learn Estonian). But, of course, my house is still filled with people speaking Spanish (on the bright side, the living room has an intact and painted ceiling and my bedroom has an intact but not yet painted ceiling. So progress is happening).

So today I have barricaded myself in the spare bedroom. The door is closed and the fans are on in the hopes of drowning out any of the noise and non-Estonian talking. We'll see how that works.

I am so ready for this to be over. Today I was an hour and a half late to class because the repair company forgot to bring a lock box and the repairmen didn't want to take my keys home with them. So I had to let them in...except their car died.

I can have my life and house back please?

No comments: