Friday, February 05, 2010

Snow

I appreciate all the kind words. I posted about it mostly so folks wouldn't worry I had stopped blogging and disappeared (we all know that happens in our ranks). And this death has been especially hard...when my mother died 13 years ago, my grandmother and I assumed the roles of mother and daughter for each other. So in ways it feels like losing my mother all over again. I am not finding concentration coming easily these days.

Luckily, I have a wonderfully understanding boss, who, when I told him I was coming back to DC Wednesday and would be in the office Thursday afternoon (after a doctor's appointment) or Friday at the latest, told me just to come Monday instead.

So instead of having to go to work today and worry about how the roads would be by early release, I got to stay home and watch the snow. I am not a fan of snow, but today it strikes me as pretty and sad. And that for a moment, the world is being forced to come to a stop, maybe to allow me to catch up.

1 comment:

fsowannabe said...

You have my sincere condolences.