Friday, June 24, 2011

2011 LGBT Pride Month: Sherry Rev

2011 LGBT Pride Month: Sherry Rev

In November 1954, I was born as the second oldest of ten children. I joined the US Army in January 1973 and was honorably discharged in March 1978.

I searched for a full-time job with the Federal Government, but there was a hiring freeze, so I operated a small bar/ hotel in my hometown. I finally obtained a temporary job in 1980 as a clerk with the US Army Recruiting station at the Federal Building in Syracuse, NY. I then went to work for the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) in October 1980. In July 1989, I transferred from New York to Florida. During my tenure at DCMA, I served in positions as either an administrative contracting officer or as a property administrator.

I worked with INL/RM in 1994 and 1995, and came back from DOD in November 2004. I work as a Property Administrator and travel to countries such as Colombia, Guatemala, Peru, Bolivia, Pakistan, Iraq, Jordan, and Afghanistan. My job of oversight on the Air Wing program is to ensure that all government property, which includes aircraft (both fixed and rotary wing) and parts/supplies, are properly controlled and accounted for on a program that is worth over $1.5 Billion.

I obtained my master’s degree in contract management in December 2005 and have almost 37 years with the U.S. Government.

No comments: