Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thrift Store Treasures Part II

I got my table back from Sandrouni's today, and it came out better than I had hoped to imagine! I am really pleased with it. I kept saying over and over that it was perfect and George's wife said, "Michelle, why don't you compliment him a little!"

I took a picture of it, which doesn't do it justice.




Speaking of Armenian pottery, I went back to the consular section yesterday to have lunch with the FSNs there. Even though I really disliked consular work, working with them was awesome. To a person they are incredible professionals and fabulous human beings. Anyway, lots of folks transfer to political and never look back. But I didn't want to be one of those people. So I ordered lunch for everyone in the section, ACS and visas. And at the lunch, they gave me a gift, an Armenian tile serving tray that is just beautiful.

It occurred to me after the lunch that I am prouder of that tray than of all the awards I have received here. Because that told me that the FSNs valued me the way that I value them. Spending time with them is one of the things I will miss most when I leave post.

No comments: