Sunday, August 28, 2011

Soap Box Derby

Picking up where I left off due to exhaustion yesterday, I left from the boat trip and headed to the Singing Hall for the Ice Cream party and soap box derby.

There was an excellent turnout...I'd guess at least 20 cars, and some were just ingenious!

Our APAO was on hand as a judge, and our DCM handed out the awards. It was a highly successful event. And when it was all over, we headed to some of the vendors to get some dinner...I found a booth from Azerbaijan with roasted lamb chops. Sold! Very yummy!

As promised, here are a few photos (though what I can't show you, because we don't post pictures of other Embassy personnel, is the great picture of our APAO sporting the shirts we had made up...actually, he was showing off his six pack because the shirt was really tiny!)


The Ice Cream King


Lining Up


Incoming Tank!


Serious Racers!


Impossibly Cute!


We were all pretty tired by the end!

1 comment:

Nomads By Nature said...

Sounds like you are having a blast and falling in love with your post! Hoping that the winters in T. are just as fun and exciting. With the backdrops you get to look at I'm sure they will be gorgeous too!