Monday, August 01, 2011

Guess the Move is Still On

Well, it seems I am still going to Estonia.

"Huh?" you say.

They passed an increase in the debt ceiling.

"Huh?" you say.

Well, it is like this.

I have been fretting over the debt ceiling. A good take on my thoughts was written for CNN by a life-long Republican.

You can check that out here: Wake up GOP: Smashing system doesn't fix it

Had they not passed to debt ceiling increase, chances are I wouldn't have gotten paid. And chances are even better that the government would not have been able to pay for my stuff to be shipped to Estonia.

So had there been no increase, I wouldn't have gone to Estonia, especially since my wife wouldn't be joining me for six months. Because I wouldn't have been able to work, wouldn't have had insurance, and so on.

And I wouldn't have wanted to be in that position while on the other side of the planet from my wife.

I am glad for our country that the debt ceiling increase was passed. Because to not do so would have been devastating for our nation. And I am glad personally, because I can afford my mortgage, but not if I am not getting paid.

But I can't be completely happy, because I will once again be separated from my wife.

If she were coming with me, I would be enthusiastically counting the days until I depart for what I am certain is going to be an awesome tour.

But I am not counting down until August 17. I am counting down to February 3.

1 comment:

fsowannabe said...

I'm glad it worked out for you (although also sad that it means you'll be separated from your wife). Best of luck on the move!