Saturday, December 11, 2010

How Cool Is That?

I will be missing class on Monday.

It will be my first absence since language training began back in September. In fact, it is my first missed day of work since my ceiling collapsed in July.

I have a good reason. My Dad's family is having their Christmas celebration this weekend, and I am driving down today to see him. I don't get to see him often, and I really look forward to seeing him and my family.

As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I was thinking about what I needed to do this morning to get ready to leave.

And suddenly I had a pang of, I don't know, disappointment.

I was sad that I will miss class on Monday. I am glad we have holidays coming up, but I won't be missing any instruction on those days.

Class will go on without me Monday...and I will miss it.

How cool is that? I am a little sad about missing something they PAY me to do.

Seriously loving my job right now.

No comments: