Monday, July 18, 2011

Consulting

I started doing my consultations today.

When I was a junior officer, I didn't find my consultations to be all that helpful. This wasn't because the consultations weren't informative. It was just that I didn't know what to ask, didn't know what I needed to know. It was all overwhelming.

This time, I knew better what to ask, and the answers were helpful.

In addition, I got other things accomplished today. I applied for my grants warrant. I took the course last summer, but they tell you not to apply for the warrant until you are closer to heading to post. The warrant allows you to deal with the money we get for programming.

I also got Carlson Waggonlit to cancel my reservations...they had sent me a notice telling me they were about to buy the ticket. Yep, the ticket I already purchased. So I was about to have to pay for a second time for the same flight. And to pay more than I paid the first time around.

So I am glad that is done.

I have more consultations to go, and then of course there is the dreaded packout.

Less than a month to go.

No comments: