Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Forgot To Tell You

It is sometimes hard to remember to post things about language training.

So here it is. Albanian is hard, but not as hard as Estonian. But still hard.

We have been moved to block A (you might remember I complained about being on Block B here). I don't know how long it will last, but it is objectively better. There is parking, food in the cafeteria (which is no longer a half-eteria, as they have finished the renovations), and the schedule allows us to make some much needed doctor appointments (something all FS folks do when they are back in the states). Plus, we have a good class with great chemistry and similar abilities and a good teacher who is willing to let us geek out on grammar.

And we all know anything geeky is likely to make me happy.

We also both had our first progress test last week and we both did well. Nice to be over that hump.

Oh, and I finally got assigned to DC...only three months after I arrived....

Now for my locality pay to catch up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kinda bummed I missed you at FSI. Your new Ambassador in Albania is going to be great.

Digger said...

I have heard great things about Amb Lu, but we are going to Kosovo and won't get to work with him.