Sunday, August 01, 2010

One more week until my disser-cation.

Tomorrow, I begin my last week of training at FSI before I begin language training in September.

I have dubbed the break in between, which will be most of the month of August, as my disser-cation. Kind of like a staycation except I will be using the time off to work on my dissertation. This will include lots of time applying butt to chair and writing, as well as a bit of time doing some additional analysis. I am pretty excited about it.

And of course, at the end of August, a real vacation, when my wife and I take an Alaskan cruise.

I will of course post pictures because I am cruel that way.

What stands in the way of me and that disser-cation is a week of grants training.

I am not looking forward to it.

It is one of those things that I know is important. I know I need to do it. Kind of like getting vaccinations. You have to, but no one really wants to. I could have taken it online, but that would have meant burning another week of leave. And really, I would rather save that for time spent on real vacations, or at least disser-cations.

So here is to getting through the next week watching paint dry with my brain reasonably intact so I can disser-cate. Because I'd rather do almost anything other than die ABD.

No comments: