Monday, April 15, 2013

Another Box Checked

You know what is great about the Foreign Service?

I mean other than, you know, serving the country, hopefully making a difference in the world, and all that stuff.

You also get to check off stuff from your bucket list.

I've already checked off bunches...like seeing Stonehenge (okay, that was before the service), the pyramids in Egypt, Pompeii, the Sistine Chapel, the Hagia Sofia, Petra...and there are more. (My wife likes to point out that all of these things also happened after I met her, including Stonehenge...so give credit where you may. The Foreign Service does make it easier.)

And this weekend, I checked off one more.

Paris!

Living in Europe means you get to lots of cool places that seemed like once in a lifetime, except now they are  what you do on a long weekend.So this past weekend, we took a day off and headed to Paris.

We got to visit all those places that are on the standard Paris list...


The Eiffel Tower...


The Louvre...





Notre Dame...

 The Arch de Triumph...


Plus I got to experience a taste of Paris in the spring. I need to go back.







3 comments:

Bethany Davidson-Widby said...

Love the pictures! Especially the cheese - I'm a sucker for good fromage :-). What is the one with the person carrying something?

Digger said...

It is one of several do not enter signs I saw that have been altered.

Aaron said...

Glad you got to check this one off the list. Paris holds a special place in my heart as we have dear friends there. We hope to serve their one day, if only we could be so lucky.