Thursday, July 07, 2011

Story of My Life

Would you believe it...I still don't have a plane ticket.

Yes really...but I am getting close. And I received Cayenne's CITES certificate so that I can legally "re-export" her and will be able to bring her home again.

Now if I can just get her on a flight.

But that isn't what I am writing about.

Tonight, I completed my final Estonian homework assignment. Yes, I am still doing homework even though I did my test last week. They are paying me to be in training, so I am in training.

My assignment tonight was to write a free form story about my life, highlighting three positive events and three negative events and my reaction to them.

I consider myself to have had a good life, but I am aware that I have not always had an easy life. I have experienced a lot...some of it difficult to talk about, things I doubt most people would guess had happened to me because I am, or at least try to be, a steadfastly positive person. Because someone has always had it worse.

None of it is secret (I tell people I am an open book but a long read). So tonight I wrote about it...in Estonian. I am not sure what my teacher will think.

But I feel proud.

Proud of making it, proud of where I am and who I have become.

And proud that I am now skilled enough in Estonia's "secret code" to write about it in that language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very inspiring and impressive. I can still barely order a coffee and I've lived here a year!! :)