Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I know I am late wishing that. I just got back to Estonia this past weekend, so I am catching up on everything.

Including work e-mails...outlook is just cruel! I signed on, and it told me I had 152 emails. Really? So few? That can't be right. Granted, I had my inbox down to less than 30 when I left (because I like an organized inbox), but only 122 in three weeks? Can't be.

So I dutifully went through them. Organized. Got them down to a managable 50 or so. And went to press brief.

Which is apparently when my inbox actually updated.

Because when I got back, there were 775. Sigh. For the record, it is back to 43 now.

Anyway, back to wishing you a happy new year. One of the local staff told me today that if you wish someone happy new year after the 9th, you have to give them a bottle of vodka. But you aren't getting one. If I don't drink it, I am not giving it to you. Sue me! And yes, I did consider back-dating this post, so I wouldn't have to tell you that, but I decided to 'fess up.

If you have read this blog for a while, you know that I don't do new year's resolutions, mainly because I suck at them. (I also gave up giving something up for lent one year as the thing I gave up for lent. That one, I have kept). And year before last, I decided to call them goals...turns out I sucked at that too. So this year, I am just going to try this:

* I am going to try to blog more. I have been bad about that lately. and I don't want anyone to think I have been eaten by tigers. So far, I haven't even heard a distant growl, but then, I try really hard not to leave any raw meat out for them.

* I am going to try to read more real books. This means the ipad (and Facebook and Words With Friends) no longer gets to come to bed with me. Unless I am reading a Kindle book on it. But for now, I am sticking with real books until the temptation to check Facebook or play one last move has faded.

And that's it. Nothing sexy or taxing.

You may now resume your new year, already in progress. And I will resume my jet lag, also already in progress.

No comments: