Friday, April 15, 2011

Beginning of the End

We had a party today for the first of this crop of Estonian students to head off.

He wasn't in our regular class...he was just doing the short course. Still, I have served with him before and am delighted to serve with him again. So I am happy for him and sad to see him leave.

It signals the beginning of the end.

Next week, one of our core three in class will test and head off to other training. Then it really starts to get real.

We only have 12 weeks left of training. Twelve weeks to get to that elusive 3/3.

A little unnerving, but also a little exciting.

I think I would be more excited if more were nailed down for me and my family.

We still don't know what is going on with my wife's training.

Will she with me in August? Stay behind for a year? Only six months? Go to Baghdad instead? We just don't know.

And then today, we got our housing assignment.

It isn't the place I wanted, but I am sure it will be fine. It looks like it is gi-nourmous. And our bed will definitely fit in the master bedroom.

But because it is so huge, Post has to get a waiver for us. Because there are only two of us. Plus, even though we will be section heads, we are still only mid-level.

So more waiting...another week or two. More things up in the air.

I've blogged before on how you have to give up your need to plan when you join the service, right?

Yeah, I'm still working on that.

No comments: