Saturday, February 19, 2011

Remembering



I pass by the Pentagon every day. Specifically, I pass by the side the plane hit.

I am proud of the way we handled it...it is exactly how we should deal with the things the terrorists knock down. We should put them back, exactly the same. Because they shouldn't have the right to change us.

Still, that side of the building, with slightly whiter, slighter cleaner, stone, looks like a scar to me. It makes me sad and angry.

I have meant to go to the memorial there since it opened, but have just haven't gotten around to it.

I rectified that today. It is beautiful and touching. If you haven't gone, go.

Those folks died for our country, so we can stay the same.

Today, I also visited here to remember some other folks who died for our country.



It was a good day remembering.

1 comment:

Nomads By Nature said...

I took my Mom and the kids to the Pentagon memorial this summer. It is important to remember. Great post.