Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meeting the Boss

Our boss was in the country yesterday, so we all trekked over to the Mother Ship (Main State) to meet with him.

I had met him when I was bidding on him, but I continue to be impressed with him. To a person, everyone who has worked with him has had good things to say. I am looking forward to working with him. I can't wait to get there.

And yet, I am still really enjoying language class. I finally have the ability to be a smart ass in Estonian, something that is really important to me. Because I really need to be able to be myself.

Funny thing happened yesterday though...our boss was speaking with a group of expats from our country. One woman spoke to us in Estonian afterward and asked how we liked our teacher. Then she switched into English, and she had an American accent. I mentioned this to our teacher this morning, and she said, " Oh, that was so-and-so."

REALLY small expat community I guess!

No comments: