Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Sound of Impending Doom

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know that I love Estonia and I love my job.

Except for one thing.

I am not a fan of the cold. I don't particularly care for snow. And I really do love hot weather.

So Estonia's weather doesn't do it for me.

All this "summer," I really wanted to stomp my feet and yell, "What gives, Estonia? I can deal with your winters but you gotta give me some summer." In fact, I might have actually stomped my feet and said that out loud. And for the record, three days of it just making it into the low 80s is not summer. That's spring.

So here we are in what ought to be autumn. I say ought to be because for me, autumn is temps in the 60s, not 30s. And it damn sure ain't snow.

And yet, today, in October, just days after the end of the State Fair in South Carolina (where they have a log flume because you will NOT catch a death of cold if you get wet), we had our first snow.

The current temperature is 37. The forecast high was 39, but I am not sure it made it. And tonight it will be below freezing.

And tomorrow we are supposed to get an inch of snow.

Even the Estonians are complaining about it. Which is a Really. Bad. Sign.

We already have R&R planned for the beach in SC in January. I am thinking I need to also plan us a little escape maybe in February. Maybe Italy. Or Greece.

'Cause this is gonna be a bad one.

No comments: